Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mission Jamaica complete

As a volunteer at the Olympic sliding centre, I hoped and dreamed that the Jamaican bobsled team would qualify. Thankfully the two-man team did and I was there to greet them at the finish line! After run 1 & 2, I was able to sneak this little gem with Winston Watt.
The story behind this unique kiss roots from me telling Winston that I went to school in Calgary. He gave me a huge hug and spun me around. He was elated to see a Canadian and mustn't have been able to hold in his excitment. I personally like this next photo better. (It came before the kiss).
 
The next night was their final runs. Unfortunately, Jamaica came in dead last, but they had the most positive attitudes! Feel the rhythm. Feel the rhyme! Get on up - it's bobsled time

My trip has officially been made! This and running into Clara Hughes have been the highlights for sure. My ankle has been causing me some troubles, but these snapshots are all worth the extra pain to stand at work. I haven't been running, but I can't stop walking. There is so much to see and do. Today I visited the Laura cross country ski and biathalon centre. The views absolutely took my breath away. I have to admit, I am quite envious of the volunteers that get to work at this venue. A fresh dusting of snow sure helped. I was joined by my friend and co-volunteer Tania. (Also my translator)
 

Laura cross country venue




















 
Don't forget! I'll be on CTV Edmonton Thursday, February 20 around 7am! Set your PVRs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment